TERMS OF REFERENCE
AIM / PURPOSE
To monitor all expendutures of the Union of National Defence Employees (UNDE) and report to the members through the National Executive Committee (NEC). To ensure that the expenditures are made in the most beneficial means possible to benefit all members of the Union.
To ensure that the expenditures are made in the most beneficial means possible to benefit all members of the union.
The Committee is selected / appointed by the National President / NEC. The Committee will be comprised of no less than three (3) National Officers and could be greater in number if the National President / NEC deem it necessary. The National President will be an ex offico member of the Committee.
The Committee will select a Chairperson by whatever method that the Committee decides.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMITTEE
The roles and responsibilitiers of the Committee will include:
- Monitor all UNDE expenditures;
- Recommend to the NEC any changes that are needed in policy as it relates to finances;
- Meet at least twice a year before the NEC meetings and at other times as deemed necessary by the Chair / NEC / National President;
- Recommend to the UNDE Comptroller and the UNDE Convention Finance Committee, the established average membership numbers on which to base the next three year budget.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMITTEE CHAIR
The roles and responsibilities of the Committee Chair shall include:
- Organize all Committee meetings;
- Prepare an agenda for all meetings;
- Chair Committee meetings;
- Present Committee report to NEC;
- Brief the UNDE Convention Finance Committee, if requested.